- We are the voice of Ontario’s independent electrical contractors
- We provide a voice at Queen’s Park and government agencies on issues that matter to your business
- We fight for 1:1 apprenticeship ratio, less bureaucratic red tape, and fair and democratic labour laws
- We represent our members to multiple government authorities and industry partners
- Our involvement with the Construction and Design Alliance of Ontario allows us to advocate for our members organizations
Our role is to communicate, educate, represent, and promote Ontario's electrical industry through chapter meetings, conferences, seminars, social media, promotional programs and community activities.
OUR INDUSTRY INFORMATION LOOP
Dialogue is distributed quarterly to all OEL members and partners. It provides updates on contractor, industry and government relations issues, OEL activities and member news.
Contractor Newsbrief summarizes the latest activities of your Contractor Committee and is forwarded monthly to OEL contractor members.
OEL Weekly News is forwarded to OEL members and includes industry news and member updates.
OEL Contractor and Government Relations Committees meet regularly to address issues that affect our members.
- The Ontario College of Trades (OCOT)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) rates
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) code changes and regulations
- Infrastructure Health and Safety (IHSA) issues
- And many more…
OUR MEMBER PRIVILEGES
OEL’s eUniversity Training Portal with MasteryNet at $24.95 per person per course
Including credit card options for American Express, Visa and Mastercard
A free 15 minute telephone consultation, once a month to discuss your labour relations issues
Marks Work Wearhouse/Imagewear
With a 10 percent discount for individuals and 15 percent discount for chapter orders
Merit Canada Group Benefit Plan
Hourbank Benefit Plan through Merit OpenShop Contractor's Association
EasyInsure represents every single insurance company to cover your business, your equipment, your surety bonding, your personal assets, and your group of benefits. Insurance costs were reduced by 55% when the OEL head office switched to EasyInsure.
Falls Avenue Resort Preferred Partner Program
Special discounts on accommodation packages, restaurants, and attractions in Niagara Falls, Ontario
General Motors Competitive Assistance Discount Program
2019 Rebates now available. Thousands of $$$ in savings through buying, leasing or financing. Contact the OEL office for information!
Customized commercial and corporate vehicle programs
Chrysler Canada Fleet Discount Program
2019 Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM and Fiat vehicles with substantial savings
15 percent off oil changes and 10 percent off all other services
Imperial Oil and Esso
Savings of 2.6 cents/ litre
Petro-Canada Savings Plans
Numerous savings including 0.02/litre on grades of gasoline and diesel and 20 percent on car washes
Our Work Share Portal
Provides an opportunity to share manpower and/or equipment within the OEL network
Our Industry Career Centre
Available to post electrical industry jobs. Job Seekers can also use the Career Centre for free