The Ontario Electrical League (OEL) is a non-profit, members-based organization that represents the electrical industry in Ontario.
With a long history of over 90 years, we promote, strengthen and represent the electrical industry in Ontario.
We have over 12,000 members province wide including Licensed Electrical Contractors, Utilities, Distributors, Manufacturers, Agents, Engineers, Educators and Electrical Inspectors to name a few.
To Promote, Strengthen and Represent the Electrical Industry in Ontario.
In 1922, a meeting was held to promote the formation of an Electric Home League.
This effort resulted in the Electric Service League of Ontario, and was incorporated under The Ontario Companies Act by Letters Patent.
The Electric Service League of Ontario and the Electric Heating Association of Ontario amalgamated as one corporation in April of 1966 under the name "The Ontario Electrical League" (OEL), and the rest is history.
Members of the OEL proudly abide by the following Code of Conduct and Business Principles:
- A commitment to excellence in meeting customer expectations
- Ethical conduct is valued and exemplified by all employees
- All rules and regulations of all government authorities are complied with to ensure good service, quality workmanship and public safety
- All work is completely in full compliance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code
- Engage in fair business practices
- Respect and welcome fair competition always keeping the customers best interests in the forefront
- Value education and strive for continuous improvement of best practices and procedures for employees and customers
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Make a positive contribution to the local community and contribute as a good corporate citizen
- Take value in OEL membership by utilizing the association, its members, products and services wherever possible