The Ontario Electrical League (OEL) is a non-profit, members-based organization that represents the electrical industry in Ontario.
We have over 12,000 members province-wide, including electrical contractors, inspectors, utilities, distributors, manufacturers, agents, engineers, educators and more.
To promote, strengthen and represent the electrical industry in Ontario.
In 1922, a meeting was held to promote the formation of the Electric Home League.
This effort resulted in the Electric Service League of Ontario, and was incorporated under The Ontario Companies Act by Letters Patent.
The Electric Service League of Ontario and the Electric Heating Association of Ontario amalgamated as one corporation in April 1966 under the name the "Ontario Electrical League" (OEL).
Members of the OEL proudly abide by the following Code of Conduct and Business Principles :
- Commit to excellence in meeting customer expectations.
- Ensure that ethical conduct is recognized, valued and exemplified by all employees.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of all government authorities to ensure good service, quality workmanship and public safety.
- Agree to complete all work in full compliance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Agree to engage in fair business practices, including:
o Following proper tendering procedures.
o Maintenance of appropriate liability insurance.
o Using qualified and certified employees.
o Avoidance of conflict of interest situations.
- Respect and welcome fair competition, keeping customers' best interests at the forefront.
- Recognize the value of education and strive for continuous improvement of best practices and procedures for employees and customers alike.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Strive to make a positive contribution to local community endeavors and contribute as a good corporate citizen.
- See value in maintaining OEL membership, and use the association, its members, products and services wherever possible.